Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Short and Sweet: Chocolate Chunk Cookies at Sweet Sue's

I have an insatiable sweet tooth so I want to write about, if not the best, then certainly the most awesome cookie I've ever eaten. 

It came from Sweet Sue's, a small and beautiful little cafe in downtown Troy.  I believe R has filled everyone in on the great food there, so I'm going to devote a paragraph to describing this fantastic little cookie.

These little guys are just fun to look at and imagine in your mouth.  They're a lovely golden brown and stacked with massive chunks of all different sorts of chocolate just piled up in the center.  Looking at it, you are struck by how many lovely shades of brown there can be in one bite.  That first bite doesn't disappoint; the cookie is soft,  buttery, chewy, and the pile of chocolate turns to to a delicious gob of slush in your mouth.  It is so beyond normal cookies, I would love to know what kind of chocolates she uses, but I'm afraid it would spoil the magic.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing cookie Sue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment